LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Nugget 01/22/2007 - First Issue

@altenbach wrote:

(btw: this functionality was not always there. Anyone remember which LabVIEW version introduced this feature?) 

I started with 5.1 and saw it there already. But only with the wire tool selected.
Wasn't this a LabView-Geek question, could have been...
Greets, Dave
Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(4,216 Views)
I vote for LV 5.0 or 5.1.  Was fully functional with LV6.0i
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(4,199 Views)
This still only works with the wiring tool (or the Auto-Tool if that is your flavor).
Message 13 of 18
(4,153 Views)
Excellent first post.. always good to find out the shortcuts to any software package
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(3,467 Views)
ab_man:  You're just a little late.  This post was started over a year ago.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(3,445 Views)
I should have said my first read.. I will take my lashes in the town square at Noon
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(3,436 Views)
Related: Wires can have a "tip strip" as well. If you right-click on any wire you can select "description and tip" at the bottom of the selection menu. Anything you type in here will show up at the bottom of the context help/data type box when you hover over the wire. For some reason, however, it's not very "smart". You can have the same data cluster wire running through a state machine via shift registers but the comment only shows up on the wire in the case where the comment was written. Some may find this useful, but I find it a little too obscure.
PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
Message 17 of 18
(3,420 Views)

PaulG. wrote:
...but the comment only shows up on the wire in the case where the comment was written.

There is a good reason for this. The description is a property of the object. In this case, the object is a single wire. The wires connected to it, while being of the same type and carrying the same data, are other instances of the Wire class and as such have their own description property.

(3,414 Views)