From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Editions Available for MacOS

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Community,

i used to work with LabVIEW professionaly a few years ago and i wanted to dip my toe into it again for some private projekts.

i found that there is a download for LabVIEW 2020 SP1 Community Edition for Mac OS avaiable since 07.12.20

when i download it from here https://lumen.ni.com/nicif/D/EVALLABVIEWCOMMED/content.xhtml?du=https://www.ni.com/de-at/support/dow...

and extract the iso with Unarchiver i get only install.exe and dll files.

it seems to me that this is the package for Windows.

Can anybody tell me if there is really a version for Mac os or is this just a wrong link or did i misunderstand something and i should use the install.exe within wine.

thanks,

gregor

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,364 Views)

Hi Gregor,

I couldn't find a MacOS version. As you say, the LabVIEW Community download link suggests a Mac version is available, but it has the same MD5 as the Windows version - the same is true if you go via LabVIEW (non-community) download - when you select MacOS and 2020 - SP1, the only "available" edition is community, but it has the same MD5 again.

I downloaded it anyway to check, but I also see only exes and dlls, along with a large number of NIPKG files with "windows" in their names.

I suspect there is no community edition LabVIEW for Mac at the moment (if the download link was recently added, perhaps it will be available soon, and there was just a slight hiccup in the availability of the link/dropdown vs the availability of the actual file...)

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,356 Views)

Does anybody know if there is an official Statement from NI regarding this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,329 Views)

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Community-Editions-Available-for-MacOS/td-p/4047766

Given LabVIEW 2020 SP1 isn't released, it's a good bet that's a mistake.   The official word you'd be looking for would be an announcement its released.  If you're not finding official word, you already have your answer.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,265 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gr3g0n

Since natasftw posted that link, Eric (NI) has commented there that it was as I thought - "(if the download link was recently added, perhaps it will be available soon, and there was just a slight hiccup in the availability of the link/dropdown vs the availability of the actual file...)"

Eric wrote:

Good afternoon everyone. 

My apologies for the confusion. 

It seems that the website has made some options available ahead of the downloads that they should be referencing.  The MacOS and Linux OS version of the LabVIEW Community Edition will be available in early Q1 2021.  Until then, the only file that is actually available is the LabVIEW Community Edition for Windows OS. Therefore, until the new versions are made available in early Q1 2021, all of the OS selections are pointing to the same download for the Windows file.  My sincere apologies for the confusion.

GCentral
Message 5 of 6
(1,232 Views)

I think it's awesome that CE will be available for Mac and LINUX!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 6 of 6
(1,217 Views)