cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication with Xbee

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I want to communicate with a XBee using the VISA functions. But I get the error code -1073807246. Can someone help?

Best regard 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,592 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TUDarmstadtLLX

Hi,

did you see that link collection of that post?

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Step-by-step-Labview-interface-with-XBee/m-p/2203396#M704902

Basically i saw nothing wrong in your vi, but it could be possible, that some other program tries to get access to xbee so the communication can not keep up.

The Error you are describing says only that you cannot access the device.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6807113B057FDE4C86256B41008212ED?OpenDocument

Best

Message 2 of 13
(4,538 Views)

Hi, thanks for your reply!

That is true, that the Xbee is accessed with X-CTU. So I get the error code. But after I disconnected the access with XCTU, there was no error code. But from the VISA read, I still get nothing. Do you have an idea?

Best regard!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,526 Views)

Hi,

I recently do a LabVIEW project to acquire data from XBee. I have used two the XBee S6 Wifi to build a network. I have configurated these XBee with the XCTU. One XBee S6 wifi is connected with Arduino, this Arduino will acquire 5 analog signals; another XBee S6 Wifi is also connected with Arduino, which is then connected with the Computer. 

I want to read the acquired data from Arduino. But I get nothing from my LabVIEW program. Does anyone have an idea?

Best regard.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,519 Views)

Do you get any data with the Arduino IDE ? 

How many Serial ports does your Arduino have?

A Uno only have 1, that is shared with the USB controller. 

Message 5 of 13
(4,508 Views)

Hi, 

thanks for your reply. I have not tried to get data with Arduino IDE. I do not know the programming for Arduino. 

I think the Arduino Nano only has one Serial port.

Is it possible to acquire 5 analog signal only with the remote XBee, then transfer data to the receiver XBee and read data directly in LabVIEW without Arduino? If it is possible, is there a step by step tutorial. I am new with XBee and I have some time pressure with this project.

Best regard

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,496 Views)

How did you access the Xbee with XCTU? 

Was the Xbee also connected to the Nano at that time or did you connect to it in another way?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,485 Views)

Hi,

when I accessed to the XBee with the X-CTU, I have used a SparkFun XBee Explorer USB. After the configuration, I connected it with the Arduino Nano.

Best regard

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,481 Views)

So why do you need to connect it with a Arduino Nano? 

Do the Arduino have any code running on it? 

Have you tried just using the Xbee explorer together with LabVIEW? 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,472 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TUDarmstadtLLX

Hi,

I have tried just using the XBee explorer together with LabVIEW. But I could not receive anything from VISA read.

Now I have programmed for the Arduino Nano, which is connected with the receiver XBee. I could receive massage from the remote XBee now.:)

Best regard

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,456 Views)