LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication error between Keithley 6221 and 2181a

Solved!
Go to solution

I tested delta measurement using Keithley 6221 and 2181a via example of Labview Keithley 6221 driver (from Tektronix webpage) after testing manual measurements (following Tektronix FQA).

When I tried Delta Means example, I got error 85 as same as this board. I follow this page, checking GPIB and disable read-only for all files of 6221 driver, but error was not fixed.

This case, I got a string from VISA read, but it contains broken empty box on both sides of right string that may cause error 85.

screenshot.png

In attached screenshot, KE622x -- 2182 -A Query.vi returns "□1□". In the case of Delta Meas Example.vi, Query.vi returned "□0, no error□". It seems to be the problem of language setting of computer, because the default language of my computer is Chinese. I changed the language of computer form Chinese to English via control panel, but error was not fixed.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(803 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bq220030

The error is coming from the scan string function, it is not recognizing the numeric character on the string. you may need to find out the format of the string is coming from the instrument. if the number you're looking is always on the second position, consider extracting only that  character. 

Message 2 of 3
(733 Views)

Sorry for late response.

Consequently, extracting method works well.

I followed your suggestion, extracting second position. It sometimes works but fails in other time. I didn't know whether it is due to the remaining current problem or other reasons. Finally, I realized it due to the connection problem between keithley 6221 and 2812a. So I would like to close this subject.

Thank you for your information, LVNinja.

Message 3 of 3
(625 Views)