LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicating with GW Instek PSW250-13.5

Hello all,

I have been working through Hands-On Introduction to LabView by John Essick, and am now trying to control a GW Instek PSW250-13.5 through USB and a VISA session in LabView 2016 Student Edition (I've also tried on the full edition and had similar problems) on a bootcamped macbook pro (Macbook Pro running Windows 10). I've been able to issue single commands using RealTerm, but when I try to connect to LabView the instrument only shows up as COM5 (the port it is connected through) as a VISA Resource Name. When I try to run a simple program like issuing the command *idn?, I get a timeout error. I've tried to adjust the timeout property up to 10 seconds, but still get the timeout error. Furthermore, when I look on device manager on Windows Control Panel I see that something is hooked up into COM5, but there is no indication that it is the power supply or any other lab instrument. I have tried downloading the drivers for LabView2016 for the isntrument, but I just get a 7zip file that doesn't do anything. Any help in troubleshooting my connection to the instrument? Thanks,

Ely

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,070 Views)