From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicate with Intel Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X520-DA2 using Labview

Hello,

I am new to PCIe Devices and I am having 

Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X520-DA2.

I want to connect it to labview.

How to get start with it ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,578 Views)

You need to be more specific to what the problem is you think you have. Because this looks simply like a normal (high speed) network card that should be automatically detected by the OS and integerated in the normal network stack (maybe you need to install a specific driver from Intel first). Once the card is integrated into the network stack of your OS, you can simply use the LabVIEW TCP and UDP nodes to communicate over the network and depending on the IP address route it should automatically go over this card or some other network port in your computer.

What OS are your trying to use?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,574 Views)

The card is placed on PCIe slot of PC. Hello, I have already installed drivers. But I don't know how to interface it with Labview because TCP/UDP works on IP address but I am having only MAC address of the card.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,570 Views)

You don't communicate with MAC addresses ever from a user software level! We do not know anything about your network setup but generally you configure the card in Windows Control Panel to use a certain IP address (or DHCP if there is a DHCP server in your network attached to the card) and this IP address must not collide with any other address in your network.

After that you do not communicate with the card at all from an application on this computer. Instead you communicate with an IP address on the network attached to this card. Please explain why you think you need to communicate with the card itself.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,564 Views)

As a first step I just want to get detected my 10G Ethernet card in Labview. When I try to detect PXI card on Chassis, it shows unidentified and ask to add chassis.ini file. Please find attached screenshots.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,557 Views)

This starts to get weirder and weirder. The first image shows a PXI-8101 controller in the device tree. That is a PXI bus controller which requires a PXI chassis to work in. PXI is techincally similar to PCI but physically it is a completely different bus interface. The connectors are not compatible in any way.

Please give us a complete listing of the hardware you have, Operating system and version you use and what else. The Intel network card definitely is not accessed through MAX or LabVIEW directly, no matter what you try to do.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,546 Views)

I am using windows-10, 64-bit OS and Labview 2018. 

Is there any way to access intel Ethernet card via MAX or Labview ?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,541 Views)

@Karan_jasani wrote:

I am using windows-10, 64-bit OS and Labview 2018. 

Is there any way to access intel Ethernet card via MAX or Labview ?

No! That is unless you want to do register programming. That requires a complete register documentation from Intel, a few months of solitude in an ivory tower, and lots and lots of patience. But you still have not explained why on earth you believe you have to access this card in any way!! Unless you can explain that in detail I'm out of this thread for good.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,539 Views)

Sorry for inconvenience. I want to connect my FPGA based DAQ system to labview in order to get raw data from FPGA.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,534 Views)

And what sort of FPGA based system are we talking about? Please stop providing little pieces of what you try to do. Sit down and write down what you try to do, what type of hardware you have, what software, etc. etc. This should be at least a whole page of information otherwise you haven't worked hard enough! And in addition to at least a whole page of text it MAY contain also some schematics that show the involved hardware components and their connection with each other as well as the type of connection between them. So far it seems you have no idea what you are trying to do and the problem at hand is likely way over your head.

Learn to sit down and write down what you need to do. It helps you too and these notes can be used to explain to others what you try to do.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,531 Views)