From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command relays

Hi

I am looking for an example that demonstrate how to command many transistors that I am using to control relays. To generate signals, I am using PCI-MIO-16E-4

Can someone give me a link to an example.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,033 Views)

Rafa, 

The PCI-MIO-16E-4 card had 8 Digital IO, which can be used to control your relays.  You can write to this port either as a port or as individual lines.  

As this is an older card, I had a dig around the NI site to find out if this card is compatible with the DAQmx drivers.  The card is also known as the 6024E, and _should be_ compatible with the DAQmx drivers.

If you are new to NI LabVIEW and Data Acquisition device, I'd recommend that you start in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) to configure a couple of DAQmx tasks/global channels to control this port, and then extend in your application if you need lower-level control.   You can also play around with the IO in MAX so that you can test your physical setup without worrying whether your LV code is "good".

Additionally, you can use the following shipping examples with LV to play around with the DIO of the 16E-4.

Write Digital Channel.vi

Write Digital Port.vi

Which can both be found in the following directory:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW XXXX\examples\DAQmx\Digital\Generate Values.llb\Write Dig Port.vi

Good luck!

Wes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wes Ramm, Cyth UK
CLD, CPLI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,026 Views)