From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comma delimited string

I want to write  a comma delimited sting that has no end or beginning comma ( i.e. "x,v,b,r") using a loop, a concantenate fuction, a shift register and no logic (i.e. case structure). Any clues?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,227 Views)

Array to Spreadsheet String Function with the delimiter set to comma.  Remove the carriage return or linefeed at the end.

Lynn 

Message 2 of 6
(4,225 Views)
I'm loathe to creating an array of strings due to memory, id rather use a shift register.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,182 Views)
What do you think the Concatenate Strings function will do when it has to expand the string?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,168 Views)

smercurio_fc wrote:
What do you think the Concatenate Strings function will do when it has to expand the string?

It will act like Insert Into Array (i.e. non-deterministic memory behaviour)
Richard

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,160 Views)

Broken Arrow wrote:

smercurio_fc wrote:

It will act like Insert Into Array (i.e. non-deterministic memory behaviour)

That was actually a rhetorical question. Smiley Wink I was just pointing out that the user presumably expected there to be no memory impact with trying to use a shift register and Concatenate Strings, based on the comment "I'm loathe to creating an array of strings due to memory".

I'm just curious as to the objective here. To take it one step back, where are the invidual characters coming from in the first place?

Message 6 of 6
(4,155 Views)