LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combo box use

Hello everybody,

I am developing a calibration tab where many variables will be calibrated. I want to create one tab with all the calibration parameters and use this tab for all the variables. For choosing the variable which is being calibrated, I want to use a combo box. In this way, I want to avoid creating many tabs, one for each variable with always the same numeric controls and just to use a few numeric controls for all of them.

Until the moment I didn't figure out how can I do it neither anything in this forum that can solve this problem. I'd be very gratefull if you can show me the way this can work.

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,305 Views)

Hi Loewesh,

I am not quite clear on what you want to achieve. Can you share a commented VI so that we can see what are your inputs/outputs and provide a good solution to your problem ?

Thanks,

CLAMaxime -- Kudos are a great way to say thank you
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,285 Views)

Sounds like a simple event structure in a loop to handle all of the value changes.  Where are your calibration values stored?  You will have to load them up when you change your combo box value and you will store them when you press a Save button I would assume.  So where exactly are you stuck?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,239 Views)

If you keep all Calibration values in an array, it's dead simple. Use the Combobox index to index out the value, replace it in the array after calibration.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,226 Views)