From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coloring Menu Ring

Hello,

How does one change the color of the Menu Ring?

When I searched in this forum, someone suggested the following:
Preferences>> Colors>> Menu Background

Where is Preferences?

I tried to change the color by going to Tools>>Colors>> and changing the default Menu items, but did not have much success?

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,285 Views)

Each control can be colored differently (that's part of the point of a graphical user interface). You need to select the coloring tool from the tools palette (if you don't see it you need to enable it in the Window menu) and then you can color the ring whatever color you want (unless it's a dialog ring which takes its appearance from the OS.

To learn more about LabVIEW, I suggest you try searching this site and google for LabVIEW tutorials. Here and here are a couple you can start with and here are some tutorial videos. You can also contact your local NI office and join one of their courses.
In addition, I suggest you read the LabVIEW style guide and the LabVIEW user manual (Help>>Search the LabVIEW Bookshelf).

(2,275 Views)