cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code protection - Labview PDA

Solved!
Go to solution
Hello,

Looking for code protect my pda software I found an example (link: Calling External Code in LabVIEW PDA for Pocket PC - UUID Example). It has all the necessary, the pda dll, .cpp, .lib, .vi and stub.dll.
I could compile it for my target device (Touch Panel Windows CE 4.2 Device) and also copied the .dll to the windows touch panel directory. But when executed a message appeared: "Cannot find 'GetUUID-TPC42' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available.". I have probed with deferent target devices without success.
I also probed the example that comes with PDA module: Calling External Code - PocketPC.lvproj, wich worked perfectly.
Any idea about what is wrong or somebody could try the UUID Example in their Pocket?

Thank you and sorry for my english (I'm happy to have the check Spelling toll, if not could be worst)

Juanjo
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(9,242 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Juanjo339
Hi Juanjo, when you create a PDA VI that calls a DLL, you must include the .c or .lib file that corresponds to the DLL. Complete the following steps to include the .c or .lib file. Select Tools»Build for PDA. The Build PDA Application dialog box appears. In the VIs listbox, add the VI, any subVIs, and the .lib file. If applicable, be sure to select the version of the .lib file that corresponds to processor of your PDA device. Enter a path in the Destination directory field, or leave the field blank to create the PDA VI in the same directory as the top-level VI. Click the OK button. LabVIEW builds the PDA VI, a .prc file or .exe file, in the destination directory. On PocketPC, when you download a PDA VI that calls a DLL to the PDA device, you must also download the DLL file to the PDA device. Complete the following steps to download the DLL file to the device. Select Operate»Download Application. In the file dialog box that appears, select the DLL file. Click the OK button. LabVIEW downloads the DLL to the PDA device. You could look at related links: LabVIEW PDA Module Release Notes http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/2D864AC24949C6FA86256D2C0067006C?OpenDocument&node=12222_US LabVIEW PDA Module User Manual http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/948645EDBFA39E1786256D2C0066B381?OpenDocument&node=12222_US Atemptionally, Filipe Silva
Message 2 of 4
(8,798 Views)

Filipe,

Excuse me, I was out the last week. As soon as I can put hands on the TPC proyect again, I will try your recommendations and post the results.

Tanks a lot

Regards,

Juanjo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(8,268 Views)

Filipe,

I was traing to follow your recommendations, but I cant because I`m using:

LV 8.2.1

TPC Module 8.2.1

TPC: NP660T (IVC Displays)

Sorry for omit that.

I dont understand why the example: Calling External Code - PocketPC.lvproj, that only have the stub dll, works perfectly and in the other example I have to copy the dll (inside directory ARMV4Rel) to the TPC.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Juanjo

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(8,122 Views)