LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster with VI reference

Hi,

A cluster "Full" has set of device parameters. I want that one of the parameters will be VI server (Task.vi). It doesn't work and shows one of 2 errors. One error is on attached drawing. Another error is pink line. The error show depends of which file was upgraded the last Full.ctl or Task.vi.

Is there any way to add VI reference into cluster?

Thanks, Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,647 Views)

We cannot debug pictures, so please attach the vis. Are all connector panes the same?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,630 Views)

I don't know what "pink error" you are talking about.  But if you hover over the broken wire, it will tell you what is wrong.

What is the datatype showing when you hover over the wire coming out of the typedef?

You are wiring a file reference from the file open into an item in the cluster called "task ref".  That seems to be two different types of references.  Study the typedef and also the context help when you hover over the broken wire.  It should clue you in as to what is going wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,628 Views)

Zip file with a test project is attached.

Test.vi is start vi. This is small test from real application.

If Full.ctl wouldn't have TaskRef.vi then there is not any issue.

The goal is to split Test.vi into Connect.vi, Disconnect.vi and use in real application.

Thanks, Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,617 Views)

First question, who created these VI's?  Were they from some professional company, or did you or someone you know create them?

When I open up the Task.VI, that subVI doesn't even use the taskRef element.  So if you don't wire it up, the subVI won't even care.

Do you even know where that element gets used?

I'm not even sure that it belongs in the typedef.  It is basically a static reference, but having it withing the typedef, it should probably be a control for the reference, not a static reference to a specific VI

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,610 Views)

Ok-ok ...

I created VIs. This is simple and small portion from real device library.

GarbageWork.zip works.

GarbageNotWork.zip doesn't work.

Goal is to separate Connect.vi and Disconnect.vi from Test.vi. To achieve the goal TaskVi reference was added into Full.ctl.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,604 Views)