LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster Button Stops row from Updating

I have a cluster set up a cluster that will delete the file it has the data for from the folder and update. The file is deleted from the folder but the cluster keeps the data it had before and does not update. I checked and the list does update but whatever row I push the delete button on that row does not update.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,985 Views)

Can you explain very generally what you want to do? There may be an easier way

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,952 Views)

The program reads the files and displays the data on the list. When I hit the delete button it should delete the file in the folder automatically and update the list. I have it so it does delete the file and update the list but the cluster display does not update on the row I hit the delete button on. The array I set up next to the clusters in Sequences GUI.vi is just to see what the list looks like when it exits the sub vi and that shows that the list is updated. The problem I believe is with the button set up in the cluster but I'm not sure.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,939 Views)

I see. Well, I am not sure why you are seeing what you are seeing. The code is very confusing because of all the property nodes and clusters. I think it would be easier to make an array of clusters instead of having 18 of the exact same cluster.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,933 Views)

Thank you for the idea. I am very new to LabView so the person I am working with has it set up this way. I will look into what you have suggested but it would be helpful to figure out why the row is not updating when the delete button is pressed. I hope it is just a setting somewhere that I need to change or just a some code I need to readjust or add.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,907 Views)

When attaching several files, please put them in a zip file first. Also state the name of the toplevel VI so we don't need to guess.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,898 Views)

Sequences GUI is the one to look at.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,882 Views)

I had a quick look and it seems glaringly overcomplicated. This can all be done with 10% of the current code. No need for references and all these properties.

All you need in an array of clusters. You have a subVI to read the files, so why do you duplicate it as explicit code during initialization?

• Read the data into an array of clusters
  • Use a value change for the array, find the changed array element (new vs old) and find the changed cluster element (similar). 
  • Act according to the changed element and rewrite the array using a local variable.
  • Write the output when the VI completes.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,878 Views)

There is nothing wrong with the cluster. Its a problem with the indicator not updating after the cluster has been modified..

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,862 Views)

If somethings does not update, it is due to dataflow, a race condition, or incorrect coding in general.

Nobody will wade through that swamp of convoluted code full or references and local variables (and event structures inside loops inside case structures inside loops....), so you are probably on your own here. One thing that needs to be fixed is the fact that you drop the mouse device ID in most events, thus dropping it forever due to the shift register.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,852 Views)