LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close NI OPC servers programmatically

Hello,

I am trying close NI OPC Servers programmatically through LabVIEW. When I open NI OPC Servers and any client doesn't start the communication I don't have any problem. However, if some client has started the communication although the client finish the communication and accordingly there isn't any process running, the program doesn't respond to my closing petition through LabVIEW. Anyone know any other manner of closing Windows applications? Maybe something LabVIEW program that works like close a process or program through Windows task manager?

Close NI OPC Servers.png

In the VI you can see how you must write the path of your .opf, that is becouse of the window refered to the NI OPC Servers take a name that include the path of the .opf that is running in the NI OPC Servers.

Steps:

1. Unzip the folder

2. Execute the .vi file

3. Execute NI OPC Servers and open the .opf file

Now you can probe my problem. To start and end a client you can do it with the OPC Quick Client. The .opf file that I've attached has been created to a random device, anyway you can do the probes that I've mentioned although you don't have the device.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 1
(2,435 Views)