LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Click and hold windows bar freezes LV execution

Solved!
Go to solution

If you're using the terms "loops", perhaps you are still not understanding me correctly. I mean put the DAQ Loop in a separate VI from the UI Loop VI, where both of those VI's are children of a top-level VI. Note: in this scenario, the top level VI is no longer the UI VI.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(710 Views)

Could you post a picture of your VI hierarchy?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(709 Views)

Hi Jack

Hierarchy is way too big to make sense - but I got your point and this is also how we do it now , the DAQ is in a VI with a loop, and we just call that VI from the "mother VI" - to make it easier, i've attached a screen dump of a "quick example" VI I just build. 

Very simple producer / consumer example, with a VI that puts number into a queue, and a VI that reads the numbers from the queue.. 

start the mother VI - load only the front panel of the consumer VI, so that the producer VI is not visible.. While i look at the front panel of the running consumer VI i click and hold the task bar of the "mother VI" - the sub VI's stall too - in fact, even clicking a probe will freeze the entire system - so I feel very confident that when you click the title bar the entire execution space is stalled, so that the only proper work around for this is to physically seperate the DAQ from the UI via creating two seperate .exe files, and then I'm back at the question on how to share 50K DBL values / second in a reliable way.

20047iC0E54A49E2C8C09A20049i6A05E003E960DA4B

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(701 Views)

OK, at this point I have no doubts we're talking about the same thing, thanks for the good clarification.

Alright... as for sharing data between two executables, probably the easiest way is through TCP messaging. 50k DBL's per second times 4 bytes per DBL is 200kB/sec, or 1.6Mbps, which is well within reasonable TCP throughputs using localhost.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(696 Views)

Thanks Jack - I'll look into that option as an increased performance / stability solution sometime soon in the future.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(691 Views)