LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing waveform graph with my VI

I know how to clear the waveform graph using feed back array .But my case is different .I attached the VI with which I need help.

Basically I will be reading voltages from Yokogawa 200 which I used random number generator in the program .I need to plot the waveform graph between 3 and 4 mins once the program is started.
Please let me know how can I clear my history.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,132 Views)
I assume that you want to clear it when you case goes true in your second frame of your stacked sequence... With out getting into the critiquing your program, you need to wire the initializer just like you did in the first for loop in the first frame.

Paul
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,126 Views)
Nope I dont want to clear the graph each time case statement is true but just only when I start the VI.

please help me how can I do that.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,122 Views)
right click on the terminal, select create -> Invoke node -> reinitialize to default.  drop it in the diagram where you want to clear it

Paul
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,119 Views)
Nope this is not working.
Its just clearing the graph for a second but the x axis value again starts from the previous value where it is started.
Dropped the invoke node reinitialize node in second structure outside the while loop.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,111 Views)
You continue to make this much more complicated than it needs to be. You are eligible for the Rube Goldberg thread. You've ignored the modifications I made to your VI in this thread where you asked the same question. Here's a modification with a graph. If you want to ignore suggestions for your problems, maybe you should stop asking for help.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 08-14-2007 08:23 AM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,101 Views)
Hi Dennis,

I am really sorry for what I have done.I was really confused with waveform graph and chart where I didnt know that chart can take a regular variable and graph need to be 1D array.So I am totally confused and thought that graph is best for my application which made me not to use your program where the waveform graph doesnt have clear history.
Anyways what I made is a mistake.Please forgive me.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,084 Views)
That's all right. We all get confused at one time or another. Smiley Very Happy What you should have done was just post back to your original thread and mentioned where the confusion was.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,080 Views)
Hey dennis ,

Can you edit the previous program such that it can measure the average of all the values between 3 -4 minutes.I tried using saving the data by feedback array but the array is not erased when i stop the VI rather the new data is appended to the old array.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,068 Views)
The VI I posted already has a shift register which is the same as a feedback node. To get the mean, all you have to do is connect the Mean function (Mathematics>Probability & Statistics) or the Statistics Express VI to the existing array.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,057 Views)