LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class Not Registered

I always cringe when faced with a new instrument and the manufacturer only provides a LabVIEW driver set that uses ActiveX calls because 9 times out of 10 they do not work.

Case in point the attached Sorenson XG DC power supply Initialize.vi that returns the error:

Error -2147621124 Class Not Registerd in Ametek XG Power Supply.Ivlib:Initialize.vi

I knew I should have just ignored these and wrote my own set of SCPI vi's but I hoped using theirs would save some time...

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,728 Views)

I guess I forgot to ask what I can to do fix this besides abandon ActiveX and write a set using SCPI commands

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,712 Views)

Hi RTSLVU,

Your best bet would be to contact the manufacturer (or whoever wrote the driver) if you don't get any solutions here.  

Regards,

G-IV

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,659 Views)

I am having the exact same problem. Now waiting for a scheduled call from Ametek....

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,445 Views)

Good luck with that...

I ended up just writing my own set of drivers using the SCPI commands.

Frankly I have never see an instrument driver that uses ActiveX or IVI that worked properly in well over a decade of LabVIEW programmig.

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,442 Views)

Hello I am having the same issue now with Sorensen XG. 

Originally it was working on my developing system, but I could not make it work as .exe even on developing system.

Now, I think after messing with settings, I cannot run it on my dev system either.

I get error that Class is not registered.

I did not have good luck writhing my own SCPI code. Can you please provide example for initialisation and setting voltage? I just want to make sure I understand command format right.

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,374 Views)