LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarifications using LabVIEW Web Server and Data Dashboard App

Hello everyone,

i am currently doing a project which requires that i should be able to control a LabVIEW VI from the internet .

I am aware of the LabVIEW web server and i have configured it on my system. Hence i am able to control the VI from the internet in my computer.

I thing that i wish to clarify is that can i have access to the same VI through the internet on any other computer which may be on the same or on a different network? If yes what should i do to complete the task 

Secondly can i control a LabVIEW VI from the Data Dashboard app on a Android mobile phone? 

Regards

Jalashwa

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,299 Views)

You won't be able to write to a web service from Data Dashboard on your Android phone.  You can currently send inputs to web methods using Data Dashboard 2.1 on an iPad.  

We are hard at work on Data Dashboard 2.2 for Android tablets, which will also allow you to send inputs to web methods.

Cheers,

Brandon V.

Message 2 of 4
(2,287 Views)
You'll have to work with your it department to configure the port. Then each client will need the LabVIEW runtime installed.

The last time I checked, the android version of Data Dashboard did not have any controls - only indicators. You should post to the Web UI Data Dashboard board.
Message 3 of 4
(2,275 Views)

Thanks for the info . I shall post my quesry on the Web UI Data Dashboard board.

I dont know much about the Labview run time engine, can you help me with some info on the same

Regards 

Jalashwa

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,234 Views)