LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citadel database

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to use a relational database with the vi's 'open trace', 'write trace', ...

If Yes, how can I do it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,210 Views)

Hi Poema,  

These calls are specifically intended for use with the Citadel database (which is itself a relational database) and so won't work with other instances of SQL.  The Citadel however can be used for other purposes so I find that it makes sense to install it with your LabVIEW environment.  I create other application specifc tables (IO configurations, user information etc.) in it, as well as using it for data logging.

Hope this answer helps.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,156 Views)

Thanks Sipic,

Is it possible to connect with the Citadel database via a DSN connection or another connectionstring?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,135 Views)

Yes, you can find details here.

Emre

Actor Framework rocks!
Emre TUZUNER
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,126 Views)

Absolutley Poema,

I use a UDL connection string and pass the path of the UDL file to the LabVIEW 'open database connection' vi.

If you're not familiar with how to create a UDL sting you create a text file using 'Notepad' and then save the blank file with the extension .UDL.  This is then associated by Windows with OLE DB Core Services.  If you then open the file it opens a Data Link dialogue window that will allow you to select your SQL instance (the Citadel).  Remember to use 'Integrated NT Security' as your authentication mechanism.

Give that a try and see if it works for you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,123 Views)

Oké, Thanks

For your information, I will use DBeaver to manage and consult the Citadel database

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,094 Views)