LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citadel Databse query

I am using Labview DSC 8.5 and logging the data into citadel database.The citadel is there on the local system .

I want to log the data to other system in the same network. So my queries are:

1.) Is it necessary to have citadel installed on the other system.

2.) If citadel is required on other system, can only the citadel  be installed ? or the full DSC module needs to be installed. Is any other NI software neeeds to be installed for logging data  on other system ????

3.) What are the NI services needed to be running  on other system , for logging data.

regards
Santosh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,945 Views)
1.) Is it necessary to have citadel installed on the other system.  Yes

2.) If citadel is required on other system, can only the citadel  be installed ? or the full DSC module needs to be installed. Is any other NI software neeeds to be installed for logging data  on other system ????  I am 90 % sure that in order to be recording data to the other computer, with citadel and dsc, you will need to get a DSC run-time license for the other computer.  Citadel is included with the DSC runtime.  I would also recommend that you install the full LV 8.5 runtime (you dont need the full developers suite, just the runtime)

3.) What are the NI services needed to be running  on other system , for logging data.  The servies that you need should start automatically when the computer starts.

Maybe someone from NI on the forum can confirm this, or contact you local salesperson to make sure.

Message Edited by Kenny K on 02-22-2008 09:30 AM
Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,924 Views)

Hi Santosh,

I just wanted to confirm that what Kenny posted is correct. Citadel is included with the DSC runtime engine and you will need this runtime on the other computer in order for logging data on the system. There is a great knowledge base article that discusses what is included in the DSC runtime system. You can also find more information about the DSC module here. I hope that helps!

Carla

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,605 Views)