LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cirris

Hi D,

We are having 1100H+  which is very old.

I tried to send the wire list through LABview but not got success. So select it through CLTWin, Then I give instruction for sequence of test through LabVIEW.

Hope I answered the queries by which you can help me to go ahead.

Rajeevan.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 25
(1,473 Views)

I'll Rip the code out and post it, This will be for the Low Voltage, not Hi-pot tester, but it should work relative to your tester as far as coding..  Some commands may differ a little for Hi-pot, I'll send the sheet for CTL language..  give me a day or two to pick out the VI's needed and put them in a working Top level..

Digionous

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 25
(1,455 Views)

Hi D,

First of all a LOUD thank you..

You take your own time..no worries.

Regards,

Rajeevan.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 25
(1,445 Views)

This is sample coding for a CIRRIS PC interface.  It will run a CIRRIS Tester (verified) to learn, test and obtain counts and data from CIRRIS using CTL (Cirris Test Language).   Hope this helps with those needing it..  Any Questions..  Feel free to ask..

Diginous 

Message 14 of 25
(1,433 Views)

i have a question about how did you use the CTL commands et how did you run labview ? also what are the commands you used to control the CIRRIS to be able to work with labview and perform continuity tests?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 25
(1,362 Views)

Hi FZbel,

It was long back I did that, I had given CTL instructions ( for expample CR_T is the command for tester to start the continuity test) through labview VISA write and reads its response ( expcetd results you will get from CTL manual) and based on the response from the tester further instructions are fed to the tester. A glimpse of the code is attached. 

So far I was not able to load the CTL programme to the tester through labview, so I feed the programme through CTLWin only and do the control of tester through Labview. 

Hope this may put some light on you question.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 25
(1,328 Views)

Hello rajeevan@1978, 

Thank you for responding .

So if i have understood you well , you executed some commands first via CTLwin , then used the same commands with VISA to read and write from the tester ?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 25
(1,319 Views)

I believe Raj is saying he loads a "Wire list" into memory through CTLWIN, then controls CIRRIS through labview.  short commands like CR_T work in Visa normally, but when you are loading longer text such as wirelists, they will need to be sent in numerous packets (via RS-232) to the CIRRIS tester..  it's important that you want to load the wirelist into the CIRRIS memory (or learn it),  then tell CIRRIS to test with the wirelist that is loaded into it's memory.

Hope that helps.

Diginous

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 25
(1,310 Views)

Hi FZbel,

What Dignious said is exactly what I did.

Dignious,

I was trying to use the m_put comments to load the wire lists to the tester but not successful so far. May be your suggestion of sending in sent multiple pockets will work. Could you pls share some example if you were able to do the same.

And thanks for sharing the same. 

Regards,

rajeevan.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 25
(1,299 Views)

Hello Raj , 

I wasn't unfortunately able to do as i have spent a lot of time trying to execute it . I have even contacted thr CIRRIS support team and they said the only way to do it was throught CTLwin using CTL commands . I am using CIRRIS easy touch . 
I appreciate your interaction , but i don't get quite yet how CTLwin incorporates in this ? What do you executes in CTLwin ? also where do you store test results ? 

Thank you  

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 25
(1,288 Views)