cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circle Plot

Solved!
Go to solution

Gentlemen,

As always, I get so far and then the 'wires' blow up...I put the vi to create the circle into my vi and put a separate xy graph to indicate it works!  There are also live orbit plots in the same 'loop'.  I can't figure out how to add the static circle plot to the orbit plot.

Regards,

Ron Brook

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(937 Views)

Hi Ron,

which of all those unlabeled terminals are you talking about?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(926 Views)

The front panel shows the two orbit plots.  Below them is your circle plot.  When I try to bundle your output to the array builder for the orbit plots, it doesn’t connect.  

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(921 Views)

Hi Ron,

as your images miss all control/indicator labels and you aren't able to attach real code I cannot help much!

Especially as I don't even see where you try to "connect" (or bundle) any of those plots in this image…

Please do:

1. Label all controls & indicators.
  2. Cleanup the VI.
  3. Attach the VI (or even better the full project)…
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(920 Views)

OK, back from the doctors.  Here is my issue in a nut shell.  The orbit plot is 'live'.  I have added your code to draw a circle on an XY graph.  Any way I try to add this to the orbit graph ends up with blown up wires.  Can you help?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(903 Views)

Happens every time.  I started fooling around with the 'shortened' vi I sent you and I got it to work!  I used the Express XY vi and built the array of the two.  Works Great!  Thanks for the prodding.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(902 Views)

@Coryman wrote:

Happens every time.  I started fooling around with the 'shortened' vi I sent you and I got it to work!  I used the Express XY vi and built the array of the two.  Works Great!  Thanks for the prodding.

Few comments:

• Never ever maximize the front panel and diagram to the screen.
  • Never ever hide labels on the diagram.
  • If you confige the "From DDT" correctly, you'll get a 1D array, no indexing needed.
  • Your xy graph express VI just acts as a glorified bundle operation. There are better ways!
  • As we already said, it could be done with complex datatypes, greatly simplifying everything.
  • You don't need to calculate the circle millions of times.

Here is a quick refactor. Please check the rotation direction to make sure it agrees. (not fully tested).

altenbach_0-1595964225668.png

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(898 Views)