From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromex spectrometer

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

My lab has a Chromex spectrometer 250 is/im coupled to a Hamamatsu photomultiplier. Unfortunately the documents and softwares relative to these devices were lost.

Notes from a previous user speak about a Labview software to control the IRSPECTRA.

Does anybody have the same monochromator and could share his software or indicate a way to buy it?

If not, does anybody have a Labview program to control this monochromator or at least the GPIB instructions to do it?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,545 Views)

Is this company still in business? It was very hard to find info online...

This manual includes some chromex commands starting on page 102 that might be useful, but you'll probably be guessing a lot to find out how to format the commands.

<ftp://ftp.piacton.com/Public/Manuals/Princeton%20Instruments/Archived%20Manuals/Spectrum%20Basic%20P...>

This thread shows how to use one of the commands.

<forums.ni.com/t5/facebookforums/facebooksingletopicpage/facebook-app/417075545007603/message-uid/1059964/tab/board/page/176>

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,496 Views)

Thank you very much Gregoryj, it is better than nothing.

According to this page https://business.highbeam.com/138838/article-1G1-114248707/bruker-optics-inc the Chromex company has been acquired by Bruker Optics which explains the difficulties to find info.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,489 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PierreUnitn

Finally, I had help from Hamamatsu in Italy and DAWOOL ATTONICS in Seoul.

They sent me the Chromex manual which give the GPIB functions used by the device. Therefore I am now able to control the spectrometer via Labview. The problem is solved.

Message 4 of 10
(4,423 Views)

Please connect with DAWOOL ATTONICS CO., LTD. 

Good Luck!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,961 Views)

Hello,

I have the same problem. We have a Chromex 250 IS spectrometer, but all the software has been lost. Since we want to control the monochromator with LabView as well, do you have still have the GBIP functions used by the device or even would like to share the LabView porgram that you programmed a couple of years ago?

Kind regards

Tobi

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,312 Views)

I am facing a similar issue with the same Chromex instrument. Could you send a copy of the manual?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,245 Views)

Did you ever get a copy of the manual.  I could use one also.  Please send to me if you have it.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,177 Views)

Hi,

Did you get the manual? If you did, will you be able to send it to me, too? Thanks. I appreciate it.

-jeremy-

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(1,861 Views)

Hello,

I have one of these spectrographs, too. I cannot establish communication with it. Can you provide me information on how to establish communication? I have a manual, but the device is not answering any commands I am sending.

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(1,085 Views)