LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chroma 61503 Delay Problem in Labview

Hi guys,

I am trying to solve a problem related with Chroma AC Source and Labview. I want to set chroma using parameters in the excel file then I am going to measure chroma paramaeters. At the final, I want to graph measurements. But it requires 3.5 seconds for one sample and I did not use 3.5 seconds delay. I think, the source of this problem is chroma's set and measure blocks. Is there anyone who face with this problem ? This is my lecture project.

Thanks for your time and concern in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,300 Views)

Hi ibr,

But it requires 3.5 seconds for one sample and I did not use 3.5 seconds delay

So the problem is in your VI!?

Why don't you attach your VI then with your message?

- Did you implement a state machine with states like "read parameters", "set parameter", "wait for device", "do measurement"?

- Does the Chroma device offer any possibility to check for execution of previous commands?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,282 Views)

Hi Sir,

You can find main VI and sub VIs in the attached file.

Thanks for your time and effort.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,271 Views)

Hi  ibr,

put a wait between the ChromaSet and ChromaMeasure subVIs! Use dataflow to ensure the wait is executed between both functions…

Additional hints:

- use AutoCleanup from time to time!

- NEVER hide the labels of control/indicator terminals in the block diagram!

- use a boolean value for "value" instead of the I32 and keep this "value" in a shift register to avoid local variables!

- avoid race conditions like you have in your inner case structure - because of local variable overuse/abuse!

- why do you need so many tab controls/indicators? They way you use them make me think you should replace them by clusters…

- when uploading more than 2 files you should put them in a ZIP for easier handling…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,268 Views)

Hi,

I am going to try those hints and I will write results.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,262 Views)