LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing the compile worker

Solved!
Go to solution

I have installed a remote compile worker on a linux PC as described here.

The compile worker on the remote PC can connect to the compile server on the local development PC (running widows).

Now, when I perform a compilation the local compile worker is chosen by default.

How can I select the remote one?

My configuration is the following

Development PC: Windows 7, LabVIEW 2010, Xilinx 11.3

Remote PC: Linux (Ubuntu10.10, I know it is not supported by NI), LabVIEW 2012 compile worker, Xilinx 13.4

Is there any compatibility issue between LabVIEW 2010 and LabVIEW 2012? Or between the Xilinx software?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,783 Views)

Any clue about my problem?

Am I the only one facing it?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,686 Views)

In LabVIEW under Tools --> Options --> FPGA something or other

you should find a place where you can select the remote compile worker.

Sorry I'm not more specific but I'm not at a place where I can see the actual screens at the moment.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,684 Views)

Thank you WNM for your reply.

Unfortunately, under Tools --> Options there is nothing related to FPGAs.

And under Tools -> FPGA Module Options it is not possible to configure the Compile Worker (just the Compile Server).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,676 Views)

Well I've got it on my system (which I can now access) under tools, options, FPGA Module. 

Have you got the FPGA module installed and a good license for it?

Clipboard02.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,672 Views)

I confirm that I have the FPGA module installed (with a valid license).

Also I can access the menu (well, actually a similar one) in the picture you have posted. In my LabVIEW version, it is located under Tools -> FPGA Module Options.

Anyway, please note that I do not want to use a remote compile server, but a remote compile worker while keeping the local compile server, as described in the link in my first post.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,662 Views)

In my case, the "antec" system named in the screen shot is the remote compile worker that I use to generate my bitfiles. It may also be functioning as the server too but from my development machine (WinXP) it looks like the worker. On the "antec" machine (Win7), compiles there are configured to use the local worker and the server is configured to allow remote systems to connect and request service. Beyond that, it all just works. It took a while to get the firewalls on the two machines setup to allow it all to work though.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,652 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tommpogg

LabVIEW 2010 only provides compiles for use with Xilinx 10 and 11 toolchains. As such, when you perform a compile, the compile server is ONLY going to look for those toolchains. Since you only have the 13.4 xilinx toolchains installed remotely, LabVIEW 2010 will not choose that capability for performing compiles.

You will need to update your host PC to LabVIEW 2012 to take advantage of any remote compile workers with the LabVIEW 2012 capabilities.

Message 8 of 8
(2,641 Views)