From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chart property node behavior

I trying to create a stacked chart with options to go from 1-16, problem I'm having is the plot back color does not change in every plot., fore color appears to work every time.
I have attached an example vi.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,048 Views)

Could not open your VI, since I have LabVIEW 7.1 installed on my system.

But, are you setting 'active plot' property before assigning BG and plot color to each of your stack plots??

Look at attached pic

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,021 Views)

I converted it to LV 7.1.

It looks to be working running as LV 7.1

Message Edited by RRRRSSSS on 08-29-2006 07:01 AM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,009 Views)

Hi RRRRSSSS,

You specified a wrong value ("T") instead of RGB color value for the "PlotAreaColor" property in case "One" of the program. Infact you only need to specify this property in case "Two". So, I simply remove the "PlotAreaColor" property in case "One". Checkout the modified version (Modified Chartplayground.vi).

Tunde.

Applications Engineer, National Instruments.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,984 Views)

I was attempting to "hide" the plots in case "one" by making them transparent.

I tried LV 8.01 & 7.1 versions again, 7.1 is working but 8.01 is not 😞

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,980 Views)

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do...

First question:  Why the random number generator?  You are sending the same value to all the charts.

Are you attempting to modify one chart at a time or all of them differently, but at once??

RayR

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,973 Views)

The random number is to just supply sample data to the chart.

What I'm attempting to do is  have a chart display anywhere from 1-16 plots depending on how many are selected and have the plots that are not selected to be hidden.

The vi that  posted is a test vi.

If you run  version 8.01 ( first post)  case "one" should "hide" all plots ,case two I enable 5 plots and change the plot fore color to red and back color to yellow .

On my computer when this vi  runs only the bottom plot back color changes to yellow, the rest are gray ,the fore color (red) is good on all plots.

I did save a copy to version 7.1 per request in the second post and it does run as I would expect, but the 8.01 version does not.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,969 Views)
Ok,

Now I get (see) what you are describing.  It was not working for me in LV 8.1.  I had to select auto indexing... 
I'll look at it between breaks... 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,959 Views)