From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chart Cursors legend Shows wrong X axis value

Not sure why this is happening but the chart x cursor time value in NXG 2.0 is wrong. As you can see in the pic attached the cursor itself shows the correct time stamp and the x Axis shows the correct time stamp but the Cursor legend does not show the correct time stamp.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,180 Views)

Can you attach a simplified version of your code?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,170 Views)

All I did was:

1. Create a Continuous measurement project from the main screen.
  2. Right click on the graph and select cursor legend.
  3. Add a cursor.
  4. Run the VI.
  5. Move cursor around.

I just did these exact steps again and got the same results

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,151 Views)

Hello Joe_H, 

Can you clarify what you mean by 'create a continuous measurement project from the main screen'?

Thanks, 

Danielle

Applications Engineer 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,113 Views)

When you open NXG to the Welcome Screen, there's an option to create a project.  That will take you to the project screen.  (You can also click "Project in the upper right corner)  On this screen, there's a few selections you can make.  One of these is the Continuous Measurement project.  If you select that, you can follow the steps Joe_H posted.

I did try the steps.  But, I'm seeing the time continue to match on both the cursor legend and the cursor itself.  It'd probably help to share more about your system to see if there's anything different between yours and mine.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,090 Views)

Thanks BoKnows - that was going to be my next step as well! I agree it would help to know what the difference in the systems as this doesn't seem like a bug. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,088 Views)

I'd be careful making that statement.

There are a great number of bugs that require specific conditions to appear.  If bugs were obvious, they'd be more likely to be found during testing.

When I say it didn't manifest in my system, I'm not suggesting it isn't a bug.  Rather, I'm stating I couldn't reproduce it with the steps provided.  As Joe has reproduced this behavior twice, I'd be curious to see what's different between his setup and mine.  I'm not comfortable suggesting we don't have a bug here.  

As an extra data point, it would help for you to make the same steps and see if you have behavior that matches either my findings or Joe's.  More data points make it easier to determine what's different between the systems.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,081 Views)

What specifics would you like to know about my system? You can contact me if  you would like.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,041 Views)

Joe,

I'd mostly be interested in resolution and OS to start with.  I'd also be curious to know if you're seeing this on multiple PCs or just the one.  I've tried to reproduce without luck using Windows 10.  As NXG 2.1 released after you posted this thread, I'd also be interested to know if you've tried using 2.1 instead and see the same behavior.

Really, I'm mostly looking for anything that might explain what's different between my system not reproducing and yours reproducing.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,932 Views)

I have been able to reproduce this on 3 computers, all with the exact same settings (Same Disk image from IT).

OS is windows 10 and the display settings are 1920 x 1200. I have tested it on multiple display settings, because not every PC is connected to a monitor. One was as low as 1024x768.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,923 Views)