LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the File Dialog Express VI Window Size

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using the File Diaog Express VI for opening a file.  The VI opens in full screen mode.  I'd like to have it open in a small window similar to my other Win7 applications.  There doesn't not seem to be a way change this property even after converting it to a standard sub VI.  Does anyone know of a built-in VI for opening files where the window size can be adjusted?  Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,507 Views)

Is it the FIle dialog that's full screen, or the file that you're opening is opening fullscreen? How are you opening the file after you have the user browse for it?

You can open files using the System Exec VI and specify how the file should be opened (minimized/maximized/standard/etc) the same way you would with the command prompt.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,496 Views)

I'm just opening a data file to use in my Labview program.  I'm using the File Dialog Express vi just to create a file path for my Labview program.  From an aesthetic viewpoint, I don't want the File Dialog window to go full screen.  I just want to make it smaller as it isn't necessary to take up all that space.  I like the File Dialog Express vi because I can limit the file that are displayed to a certain extension.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,479 Views)

If I create a new VI, put the File Dialog Express VI down, and run it, it opens as a small window in the middle of my screen. It must be an issue with Windows auto-assigning how the dialog should open.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,472 Views)

Interesting.  Thanks for this information.  I'll see if I can take it from here.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,458 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jschichl

If I open the file dialog with the FileDialog Express VI, and then double click the title bar to make it full screen, and then close the file dialog, next time I open it,  it opens full screen. i.e. it seens to remember the size between calls.

Try opening the file dialog, resizing to a smaller size, and then closing it, to see if it then remembers the smaller size.

Message 6 of 7
(3,437 Views)

Yep, that was it. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,429 Views)