LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Chart Data Types

Hi,

I know this is a stupid question, but I can't figure for the life of me how to do it. I want to create a histogram, so I stick a waveform chart onto my VI. Fine, now I found the Moving Histogram PtByPt.vi example (ships with LabView 7). It creates a histogram and the data it sends to it is a cluster. This is very convenient because you just wrap your XY data up into a cluster and send it into the chart. Right now I can cut and paste the chart from this example, but if I didn't have the example I'd create a waveform chat, create my cluster with my xy data and pass it in. However, LabView complains about bad data types, because the default input data type is a 2D array of doubles. HOW DO I CHANGE THE DATA TYPE THE CHART ACCEPTS? I've been through every menu and property that I can think of, what's the secret? I've had this problem happen a couple of times and usually gotten around it by right clicking my lead and then picking to create something from a list and when it's created it's created with the right data type. However, it doesn't have that option in this situation. So what do I do? I've included a junk of my code for you to see if you want.

Thanks for any help,
Chris
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,868 Views)
You've got two different types of graphs. You have the XY graph wired to the cluster and you have a regular (not XY) graph. The regular graph does not accept the same type of input as the XY graph. It accepts a 1D  x array, 2D array (multichannel) a waveform data type, an array of waveforms (multichannels), and a cluster that contists of a y array, x0, and dx (essentially a waveform data type)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,864 Views)