From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in PCI Device Number

Solved!
Go to solution

My LabView application does have DAQ with "dev4" configured. But the newly inserted NI PCI 6221 card on the motherboard of the PC is showing "dev0" in the device manager.

How can i configure it to "dev4"?

Is uninstalling the NI PCI 6221 driver & installing it again up to 4 times will help??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,060 Views)

Hi,
open MAX (Measurement and Automation Explorer), go to your device (named dev0)
=> right click => rename => dev4.
Have a nice day.

V-F
Message 2 of 8
(4,059 Views)

But, it's a virtual device right..?

then it doesn't work. Becoz, this virtual device may come into picture only when there is NO physical device. it's used for simulation.

I need to change the physical device no. to "dev4"

Thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,052 Views)
Message 4 of 8
(4,048 Views)

The drivers map the names to the cards.  By changing the names in MAX, you change which cards your software will use.

I'm not sure where you are getting the simulated device.  Do you have other cards configurated as simulated devices?  You should rename those to something else or delete them so you can use your real hardware.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 8
(4,044 Views)

I didn't configured any other Devices. I have only one card n it is PCI 6221 newly purchased & installed on NEW PC just now. the CD with that card installed the Mesurement & Automation Explorer with drivers.

There under the Devices and Interfaces it is showing "NI PCI-6221 "dev1" by default.(i don't mind about this).

In My computers device manager the device detected is "dev0"....

I'm going to try the suggested solutions by tomorrow on site...

I hope it works. I can't make changes in the Application(it's "dev4" here).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,037 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vk2

That "Dev1" looks like a simulated device, not a real one.  Delete it and reboot the machine.  The real device should automatically show up in MAX.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 7 of 8
(4,033 Views)

This is done...!

Thank you All for this Great Help...(especially ramses64 & crossrulz). Many thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,008 Views)