From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change License Number

I have several Labview licenses, and wish to change the license number on some of my machines without reinstalling all of the software.  Is there any way to do this?

Thanks for your help,
Phil
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(5,551 Views)
Phil,

You may change the license number by going back through the activation process.  There are two easy ways to do this:

(1)  Open NI LIcense Manager and right click on the product you wish to change.  Then choose Activate and enter the new serial number in the box.  An activation code will be generated for you and the product will be activated using the new serial number.

(2)  Go to ni.com/activate and use the serial number you wish to activate along with your computer ID.
Brian B
Account Manager
National Instruments
Message 2 of 15
(5,540 Views)

Thanks for the advice Brian,

Unfortunately neither option worked though - see comments:

You may change the license number by going back through the activation process.  There are two easy ways to do this:

(1)  Open NI LIcense Manager and right click on the product you wish to change.  Then choose Activate and enter the new serial number in the box.  An activation code will be generated for you and the product will be activated using the new serial number.  I wish to change the license number for Labview 7.0.  It has already been activated though, and the street light icon next to the product is green.  When I right click on Labview, activate is not an option.  When I try hit the activate button at the top of the screen, the Activation Tool tries to activate the Remote Panel Connection Software which shows up on the license manager, but is not activated.

(2)  Go to ni.com/activate and use the serial number you wish to activate along with your computer ID.  I go to ni.com/activate and it only allows you to activate version 8 and 8.2.

Any more ideas?

Phil

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(5,509 Views)
Phil,
    I do know of a way to change this, but it is not publicly accessible information.  May I inquire why you are wanting to change the serial numbers?  If you can provide me with a private way to contact you (personal email address, etc.), then I can send you a document outlining what you should do to change the serial number.
Brian B
Account Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(5,498 Views)

Hi Brian,

Shoot me an email at Phillip.Kollmeyer@ge.com and I'll explain why I need to change license numbers.

Phil

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(5,483 Views)
I was going through your list of actions and it turns out you were talking about a local version of the NI License Manager. Can you explain how to do this, using a NIVLM license manager (2.0).

ruud
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(5,426 Views)

If I want to swap machines with a coworker, and we swap License Number.  Will the forums.ni.com accounts switch as well?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(4,560 Views)

Your forum accounts are not tied to any NI license.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 8 of 15
(4,550 Views)

bump this.  i'm running LV 2014 SP1.  accidentally activated using the incorrect serial number (offline activation).  Deactivated.  Activated with the different serial number's code.  worked, but the serial displayed in license manager is still the old one.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(4,170 Views)

charlesjay,

You may like to to create a new forum thread for your issue to gain higher visibility.

NI-Discussion-Forums-User-Guidelines

-ChristophersonJ

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(4,120 Views)