LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Center Waveform Display on a point

I am tasked with adding a feature to my program that centers a waveform display on a point of interest. This point of interest is where the graph crosses a certain threshold. Right now, a DAQ collects a specified length of data at a specified rate and uses that to calculate the number of samples to collect. The graph displays that set of data, and it's in a while loop, so after each time period a new set of data is displayed.

At first to center the graph on that point, I determined its array index using the Threshold array function, then modified the X axis accordingly. The issue with that is that if the point is early on in the data set, there is a gap before the data, and similarly if the point is towards the end, there is a gap at the end. Next I was going to try storing half a set of data so if the point is too early on it can grab earlier points and if the point is too late then it'll grab more points to fill out the graph. I'm new to LabVIEW though so I was wondering if there is a better way. Thank you for reading!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,206 Views)

Personally, I would say that the display with the gaps at the beginning or end are the way to do it. If it's early or late in the dataset the gaps make it very clear and gives the operator an intuitive sense of how long after the start, or before the end, the threshold point occurred - adding extra data obfuscates that added information.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,197 Views)