LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cause for: `Insane object at BDHP+22B05 in "Test.vi": {graphics} (0x80): Wire Segment (WIRE)' ?

Hi,

I'm not sure what I did to cause this error, I had made a few minor modifications: moved some wires around, aligned some VIs.  When I tried to save, I get a popup window with:

Insane object at BDHP+22B05 in "Test.vi": {graphics} (0x80): Wire Segment (WIRE)

If I click "OK" it comes up a bunch more times. The VI seems to save okay, and works just fine.  I followed the suggested instructions at

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/3AFBC48F87864093862570D200589D85

and turned off the diagram grid alignment option:
  • Tools » Options » Alignment Grid » Enable diagram grid alignment (uncheck)
Now the window only pops up twice, instead of five or six times.

What causes this?  Is it related to the diagram grid alignment gotcha?

thanks

Adam

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,326 Views)

Hi Adam,

Search the forums for terms like "insane object" and "heap peak"...you should find instructions on how to use an internal LabVIEW utility called the "Heap Peak Window" to find and correct the insane objects in your VI.

Good luck,
-D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,320 Views)
Sometimes locking things to the grid (and other things) makes them move.  Some of these moves are not handled correctly and end up with a wire ending at a place that is not a valid terminal.  When the code goes through and checks the wires, it finds a wire that is not connected correctly and it therefore fails the sanity check.  These insane wires are usually extremely rare, but when they occure, they sort of corrupt the diagram. 

If you are a hardware guy, think of them as cold solder joints - it looks like it is stuck in the right place, but it doesn't make connection correctly.

Use Darren's suggestion to find these locations and re-wire them.  This should fix your problems.

Hope that this helps,
Bob Young

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,306 Views)