From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case Structure

Solved!
Go to solution

@crossrulz wrote:

Linked Tunnels was one of my favorite features when it came out back in LabVIEW 8.6.  I consider them a must for state machines.

Wow, I had to look that one up to verify... has it really been that long ago? A web search just told me I first released the "Tunnel Wiring Wizard" back in 2005 LOL... my first and only useful utility created from SuperSecretPrivate stuff.

Linked tunnels were a MUCH nicer solution to handle that task in the development environment.

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
(lapsed) Certified LabVIEW Developer
Message 11 of 13
(285 Views)

Wow, 8.6 eh?  I don't think I learned about them until maybe 2014 (while using LV 2012 or 2013).   So I guess it *was* only my awareness that's new-ish.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(281 Views)

@Kevin_Price wrote:

Wow, 8.6 eh?

I specifically remember it since I was starting a new development with 8.6 and got really happy when I saw that on the new feature list.  The other new 8.6 feature I abused (and still do quite a bit) was the FOR loop termination node.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(272 Views)