From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case Structure Not Updating fom Enum - LV2015 SP1

Anyone know of some secret properties thing or something that I'm supposed to do to get this case structure to update off of this enum?  I know it's a little on the odd side since it comes from a cluster, but I thought that was still supposed to work.  I scoured the known issues and didn't see anything (not immediately anyways) that pertained to this.  So.... any help here would be hot.

Enum and Case.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,295 Views)

What do you mean by "update off of"? Are you renaming an item that has a corresponding case?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,292 Views)

I mean when you type in "Less Than" (a name clearly visible in the Enum), the Case Structure does not recognize that.  It only recognizes actual numbers (which I understand an Enum to be).  The Case Structure is not showing the actions items from the enum.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,289 Views)

Wait... so apparently that's not actually an Enum..... okay, problem solved.  (Shakes head and face palms)  I didn't know you could set values for a U16 and it not be considered an Enum.  Learn something every day.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,285 Views)

I have sometimes seen situations where data types in shift registers wouldn't update properly.

Try removing all wires from the shift registers, then reconnect them.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,269 Views)