LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capturing Video and Still images Together

Hiya, This is a fairly general question, but I have a camera (FLIR Blackfly S) and I am using the example IMAQdx programs to capture video, and also to capture still images. Is it possible to use to capture both simultaneously from the same video stream?
For example, could I watch vision on my front panel and start recording using a control at a set time to then save that video as an AVI, but also save a high res jpeg say every 5 seconds? How would the Grab manage this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(598 Views)

> For example, could I watch vision on my front panel and start recording using a control at a set time to then save that video as an AVI, but also save a high res jpeg say every 5 seconds? How would the Grab manage this?

Note that you can't change settings when you are in Grab mode so "AVI" and "jpeg" images should be the same resolution for best performance.

My suggestion:

- A Grab Loop that continuously gathers images

- In the Grab Loop set a Boolean flag that specifies if the current image should be saved as a jpeg

- Queue each image plus flag to a consumer loop

- Consumer loop builds and saves the AVI file and saves the jpeg when needed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 2
(568 Views)