LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture data view is not giving option to export as CSV

NXG 5.0.0 community edition.

I have an application that iterates a DAC output from 0 to [whatever code] with a voltage read from a DMM.  I'm storing each iteration as a result cluster (Code (UINT), Timestamp, Voltage (Double) and adding that into a 1D array of results.  

At the end of the run, I right click on the array and select Capture Data.  On the Capture Data view, I can cycle through the array and view the results and it all looks ok.

I want to export the data as a CSV file, but the export option only gives me a TDMS file type option.  Is that because the array entries are a Cluster type rather than base types?  

I don't really want to write out to Excel in the VI nor do I want an Excel plug in to read TDMS files - I'd rather have the CSV.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,293 Views)

Probably no one here (including myself) has the expertise in LV NXG to help you.  Also, please note that the last version of NXG is 5.1 and there will be no more updates.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,258 Views)

Well, I gave up and created an Export VI to write out a CSV.  The last time I looked 5.1 wasn't available for upgrading the Community Edition and TBH I'm reluctant to upgrade what pretty much works (NXG is still very crashy) until I finish what I'm doing.  Then I suppose I'll switch to CG.  Or maybe not - this switch around by NI is a massive PITA given the effort I've put into developing in NXG.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,244 Views)

@andrewDJ wrote:

Well, I gave up and created an Export VI to write out a CSV.  The last time I looked 5.1 wasn't available for upgrading the Community Edition and TBH I'm reluctant to upgrade what pretty much works (NXG is still very crashy) until I finish what I'm doing.  Then I suppose I'll switch to CG.  Or maybe not - this switch around by NI is a massive PITA given the effort I've put into developing in NXG.

I was rooting for NXG, but it was just too immature, and they made some design choices that I considered showstoppers.  Not just "I'll just change my workflow to accommodate it" things, they were "Those design choices invalidate most of my advanced coding strategies".  There was a lot I liked about it, but the showstoppers were just that.  In the end, I abandoned it.

If you look at OpenG's NXG effort (they have a public repository), you'll see that they just gave up trying to port it because the same design choices that made me turn away from NXG invalidated about 80% of their code.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,238 Views)

Export can using by LABVIEW NXG Excel report toolkits. 

You can download at the NI software bundle.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,176 Views)