From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant see the content of my array

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello! I'm doing my bachelor thesis and I really need some help because it was four days ago when I got stuck with this problem and I don't know how to solve it.

I am implementing GoBackN protocol. My LabVIEW program gets a packet from Arduino with this format:

%d#%d#%d#%d, i.e. 1#0#0#0 where 000 are the data and I have to store them in a buffer if Sequence Number is correct, I mean if the packet arrives in the expected order.

I need to check the buffer to know if the communication is working properly, but the array seems to be "empty", even though I have checked that I am writing data in it.

I wonder that it might be because the while loop iterates very quickly but I don't really don't know if this is the reason, and if so, how to solve it.

I would really appreciate any help!!  Emoticono feliz

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,551 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author andreahc

You have two output tunnels with the array that have "use default if unwired" and they are not wired. This will pass out an empty array. Once you have an empty array you can't replace any elements.

Message 2 of 7
(2,514 Views)

Steven is right.

The easiest way to fix would be to right-click the hollow output tunnel and use the linked tunnel feature. (If no wire exist, you need to tell it where the linked tunnel is)

WireEm.png

Message 3 of 7
(2,492 Views)

Do I remember correctly that LV used to default to "Use Default If Unwired" and it caused so much heartache exactly like this that they changed the default setting to have "Use Default If Unwired" unchecked?  (Still defaults to "Use Default If Unwired" in an event structure, though.)  At or about the same time they introduced the Linked Input Tunnel?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,476 Views)

@billko wrote:

Do I remember correctly that LV used to default to "Use Default If Unwired" ...

I think it was always FALSE for case structures and TRUE for event structures (and I like these defaults :D)

Of course in the very (very!) distant past, "use default if unwired" was not even possible and everything needed to be wired explicitly. 😄

Message 5 of 7
(2,471 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@billko wrote:

Do I remember correctly that LV used to default to "Use Default If Unwired" ...

I think it was always FALSE for case structures and TRUE for event structures (and I like these defaults :D)

Of course in the very (very!) distant past, "use default if unwired" was not even possible and everything needed to be wired explicitly. 😄

Oops, sorry - I was replying in the wrong universe.  In this one, you are right, of course.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,453 Views)

Thank you very much StevenD and altenbach for your quick response! It really solved my problem 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,433 Views)