Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot set string to be empty

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all

Newbie question coming up.

I am implementing a state machine to control the initial part of a test sequence. I need to scan a barcode and then look up the number from a spreadsheet to get the associated parts list. I then need to scan several of the assembly parts barcodes and check them off the list (in any order).

Currently I have this mostly working, but I have got stuck

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,396 Views)

Sorry, not sure what happened to the rest of the post.

This is mostly working, but when the scanned input string contains text, I cannot get this text to be cleared when the state ("Get top level part number") is next entered. I have a feeling it is to do with the timings of the loops, but I cannot see why my method as shown is not working.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ray

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,382 Views)

What's exactly the problem? I don't see any error in your code and in fact the Scanned input control is properly cleared in my quick test.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,356 Views)

Run the program in Highlight execution and Retain Values active. It should work but there might be something we're missing.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,344 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Radiator

Thanks for the responses. I now realise that the problem was limited to when I clicked the return key - this entered the data, but the scanned input string did not clear. However, if I clicked the OK button, this did clear the box. I then set the OK button Key Navigation Toggle "Set focus on toggle" check box and this has fixed the issue.

I have now turned this into a sub VI and it is all working OK.

Thanks for the advice,

Ray

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,323 Views)