From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot read Razor IMU

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I'm using this https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-14911 example to read my Razor IMU. However, my labview can't detect the COMport. Am I missing something?

Also, I tried on another computer, and it was able to read, however, the data wouldn't appear on the graph. Please advice. 

Thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,316 Views)

Sorry. I just realized. It's because I have not downloaded the necessary driver. 

I still can't get the data to appear on the graph though.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,290 Views)

Is it because the string data from the IMU is not being converted? Help! I've been stuck on this for 2 days now.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,240 Views)

You've got an indicator on the front panel of TestVISerialIMU that shows the data from the device. What do you have in that indicator? When you probe the error wire from the VISA Read or from the ConvertString subVI, what do you see?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,227 Views)

Hi Dennis 🙂

They all show "0", however the IMU text does display data. And when probe error wire from the VISA Read, ït says {status => False; code => 0; source => ''}

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,206 Views)

Is there something wrong with the ConvertString_RollPitchYaw?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,103 Views)
Why don't you actually post the VI AND that shows the data? This is simple to do. Run the VI until you have data showing in the string indicator. Go to Edit> Make Current Values Default. Save the VI. Attach it. Then someone can see if the parser is not working or you are getting incorrect readings.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,097 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,087 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 'Aliah

As you can see in the subVI ConvertString_RollPitchYaw (SubVI), the expected start of the string is !ANG:. The start of the string you are getting is #YPR=. Change the subVI to get ypr values. I have no idea if there is something wrong with you getting a different prefix.

Message 9 of 10
(3,081 Views)

I changed the subVI and it worked! Thank you so much, Dennis.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,070 Views)