LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find LabVIEW: (Hex 0x7) File in computer, how to solve?

I have convert LabVIEW7.1 on WindowsXP to LabVIEW2019 on Windows10 then i face this Error!

NirutG_0-1601432586568.png

I try to find Hex 0x7 in PC but i not see this file in computer, How to solve this Error !!!

Best Regards,

NirutG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(6,052 Views)

There was an older version of Open File.  It probably pre-dated LabVIEW 7.1

Hit Continue.  Let the VI continue to load.  Then just find the missing function by clicking the broken run arrow.  Then replace that "Open File +" with a newer version  of Open File off the file palette.  Save the VI.

Message 2 of 14
(6,031 Views)

@NirutG wrote:

I have convert LabVIEW7.1 on WindowsXP to LabVIEW2019 on Windows10 then i face this Error!

NirutG_0-1601432586568.png

I try to find Hex 0x7 in PC but i not see this file in computer, How to solve this Error !!!

Best Regards,

NirutG

Hex 0x7 is the error number, not the file you are looking for.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(6,020 Views)

After hit the continue, the Run Button not broken but program working wrong!!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(5,985 Views)

Not so surprising, LV7 to LV2019 is a big step!

What's going wrong exactly? File I/O? User interface? ...?

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(5,979 Views)

@NirutG wrote:

After hit the continue, the Run Button not broken but program working wrong!!!

Give some detail as to what "working wrong" means?

Is it supposed to do something and not doing it.

Is it doing something that it is not supposed to do.

As Paolo stated, a move from 7.1 to 2019 is a big jump.  About 15 years worth of changes in LabVIEW have occurred over that time.  Since we don't have access to your VI, we can't do much to help.

I actually misinterpreted your original message because you said you go an error message after converting, I thought it was an error you got upon loading the VI.  You actually got the error when you ran your VI which seems to have converted okay.

This is where you need to put your programming and troubleshooting skills to use.  The dialog box tells you where the error occurred.  Go track down that File Open.  Since it says it can't find a particular file, then the problem is with a file path.  It is looking for a file that doesn't exist.  Was the original executable created with an installer that put specific files in specific locations?  Did you or someone else create an installer for the 2019 version of the executable?

Basically, in the conversion from 7.1 to 2019, or really the creation of the executable in the 2019 version, there is a need to have a specific file in a specific location and that wasn't done.  You just need to search the code to find out what it is looking for.

And yes, Hex 0x7 is the error code, not a file name.  It would have been nice if the dialog box told you what file it is looking for.  But there might be a reason that NI didn't put that functionality into LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(5,922 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

Basically, in the conversion from 7.1 to 2019, or really the creation of the executable in the 2019 version, there is a need to have a specific file in a specific location and that wasn't done.  You just need to search the code to find out what it is looking for.

You also have the differences between Windows XP and Windows 10, especially when it comes to "Program Files" ("Program Files" vs "Program Files (x86)").  There are probably other folders that moved locations or are named differently I am not immediately remembering.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(5,915 Views)

As already mentioned, Error 7 is 'File not found', so run your program with both Highlight execution and Retain values lights on and you should see what's missing fairly quickly.

If it's indeed some GPIB that's missing as the Picture says you probably miss some GPIB driver and need to update the code.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 8 of 14
(5,910 Views)

Hmmm.

Good point.  We really don't know what this application is supposed to do.  Maybe it does use GPIB and that secondary possible error message is true.

I find that GPIB is so rarely used, that the error message mentioning that is usually just noise.  I don't even bother reading down that far because it never applies to me.

NirutG, does your program use any GPIB devices?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(5,904 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

Good point.  We really don't know what this application is supposed to do.  Maybe it does use GPIB and that secondary possible error message is true.

Except the error happened at a File Open function.  So it is something related to File IO.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(5,899 Views)