From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot delete "Continuous Measurement Data Logger" in LabVIEW 2017 Template

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi! I'm having difficulty deleting a label in a project template that came stock with LabVIEW 2017 version 17.0f2. The project template is the "Continuous Measurement Data Logger" and the label is the "Continuous Measurement Data Logger" text at the top of the Main.vi. I can't seem to delete or modify this label but I can select it and change the size. My guess is that it is a label to something but I can't find the source.

I've tried 32bit and 64bit.

Thank you.

Edit: Correction - I can edit it if I double click on it, so I suppose replacing it with a period is an OK solution for now.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,885 Views)

You should be able to double-click and delete the text.  This will delete the label.

It's probably not a good idea to change anything in the templates; rather, copy it somewhere and work on the copy.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,872 Views)

Hi Bill - Thanks for your reply. Can you follow these steps and tell me if it works for you? Create New Project -> From Template -> "Continuous Measurement Data Logger" -> Open "Main.vi" from the Project Folder -> Delete the "Continuous Measurement Data Logger" text in the upper-left hand corner. Were you able to delete the text?

I know how to delete text in LabVIEW, but this one is locked somehow for me.

Edit: I tried LabVIEW 2015 SP1 and have the same issue :(.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,859 Views)

@hecmar.arreola wrote:

Hi Bill - Thanks for your reply. Can you follow these steps and tell me if it works for you? Create New Project -> From Template -> "Continuous Measurement Data Logger" -> Open "Main.vi" from the Project Folder -> Delete the "Continuous Measurement Data Logger" text in the upper-left hand corner. Were you able to delete the text?

I know how to delete text in LabVIEW, but this one is locked somehow for me.

Edit: I tried LabVIEW 2015 SP1 and have the same issue :(.

It's just a free label.  You have to either double-click on the text then highlight all the text and delete it, or you can select the text tool and select the text and delete it.  Either way, it also deletes the free label.  It's not very intuitive, is it?  😞

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 4 of 5
(2,820 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hecmar.arreola

The free label is locked so that it stays in the same position relative to its owning pane whenever the window is resized. To unlock and delete the label:

1. Click in the empty panel space to the right of the label and drag a box around the label. You should see a gray box appear around it.

2. Go the toolbar and select Reorder > Unlock.

3. The free label should now be unlocked, and you can select it and move/modify/delete it.

Check out the Grouping and Locking Objects help topic for more info.

Message 5 of 5
(2,811 Views)