From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create object error when labview control BKSV VCS software

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Expert

We were using labview application to control BKSV Vibration Control Software (VCS) on Windows 7 computer.The LabVIEW application was written by previous engineer with LabVIEW 2011 version to control VCS to automatically perform vibration test

Now there is a requirement to upgrade all computer to windows 10. I am setting up a new computer for our BKSV vibration control system with windows 10.

The vibration control software we used is BKSV Vibration Control Software (VCS) v. 9.0. When I use VCS to manually control the system, it works on the new computer.

When I use that labview application to control VCS, after software opened by labview application on the new computer, I got following error in attachment.

I am new to LabVIEW, If you have any idea what's this error about and how to fix it, please let me know.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,847 Views)

Can I ask you a question for my confirmation?

You said "LabVIEW application", which did you open "LabVIEW" or "Executable"?

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,823 Views)

I opened LabVIEW Executable

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,815 Views)

The error dialog is not general LabVIEW dialog as you can see below.

Dialog.png

Does the application require some dlls? I guess those returned the error message.

Why don't you ask the vendor company?

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,806 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Heefairy

The issue is because vibration control software VCS.exe is not registered in windows registry, issue was resolved by manually registering VCS.exe to windows registry

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,733 Views)

Hi, 

We have also migrated our windows version the version 9.0 and we have this issue when we try to create a new file in the calibration app :

"Failed to create folder <%s>"

Do you know how to fix it ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,145 Views)