From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add a new file in Source control

I am trying to add a new file, 'NewlyAdding.vi', to SourceControl database(MS SourceSafe) as attached screenshot1.

But it failed and feedback the error message in attached shot2.
May you give any suggestion?

I tried to check in/out a file in the LV project  which already added to the SourceControl database, it works.
Also I tried to add a file from the UI of MS SourceSafe directly, it also works.

Thanks,

Message Edited by turbot on 01-24-2007 12:39 AM

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,422 Views)
I am using version 8.2
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,409 Views)
Without knowing the structure of the SourceSafe database or the configured local path, my guess would be that the file is not in a location that SourceSafe is set up to identify. It seems from your screenshots that other files in your project are under source control. Is for example, HMI Client.ini in the same location as the new file?
George M
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,399 Views)
I have seen that sometimes LV doesn't update the status of SCC icons. After a fail I *always* hit the Refresht status option (tools->Source Control)

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,389 Views)