LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Build a Source Distribution

Hello all,

I am having some trouble buidling a source distribution that I know was previously working fine. Somehow it got corrupted and I now have what I feel is a phony error. I've already tried deleting this Build Specification and writing it new from scratch. Its like as though that somewhere in its list of support files there is a path which points to a directory. I get the following error message and details. Also I have attached a picture of the preview pane. Anyone see this before?

Error:

"Error copying files.
Source: C:\PolyVIEW (working)\source code\Recorder\
Destination: C:\polyview_support\

source does not exist
"

Details:

"Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference:

Error 7 occurred at AB_Destination.lvclass:Copy_File.vi -> AB_Source.lvclass:Copy_SourceItem.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi -> AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi -> AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi -> AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for the operating system. For example, use \ as path separators on Windows, : on Mac OS, and / on Linux. Verify that the path is correct using the command prompt or file explorer."

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,766 Views)

It sounds like you are having a problem similar to one I just got over.  Try following the directions in this thread.  I believe it is a general fix for the "Error copying files" error when building a source distro.

Good Luck!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,764 Views)

I think I have found my solution. I traced it back to a VI I added to code since its last known good configuration. I removed the VI from code and the LLB built just fine. Then I had to return to code to write a subsitute for the corrupt VI from scratch.

The VI that was found to be the cause of the issue was a modified VI from one I had downloaded. So who knows what was truely wrong with it.

It was just a really funky bogus error that seemingly had nothing to do with the cause.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,737 Views)