LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't save changes to a .vi

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a .vi that references a database.dsn file on the computer's C: drive.  I would like to change the file location.  I can change the path in the .vi that points to the new location, and I can run the vi pointing to the new path.  I seem to be able to save the file.  However, when I close the vi & reopen it always reverts back to the original path, seemingly ignoring any changes I made.  Any idea why?  I am using Labview 2013, running on Windows7.  The original file was written in Labview 8.1.  I have been able to make changes in the past to this file, though not on the computer I am working on now.  Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,194 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eric_G

First, this post is better suited in tha LabVIEW forum than the Feedback forum.

As for your problem, after you change the path right click the control and select Data Operations > Make Current Value Default.  Then save the .vi.  Every time you load it, the controls are populated with the default value.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 2 of 3
(3,190 Views)

A better way is to create a configuration file that gets read at startup and populates all the controls with a value you set.  Then you just have to change the entry in the configuration file.  The next step is to create a menu item that runs a dialog box to change configuration options and saves them to the file.

Kelly Bersch
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Kudos are always welcome
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,174 Views)