From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get my plot to format properly

I know this is a duplicate post, but I posted this after the the first issue was resolved, and therefore was marked answered and thus not getting much activity,

I can't get my plot to format properly. It takes 2 iterations of the VI to get the plot to format properly when the VI is first started. To see what I am talking about, take the hand tool for the plot and swipe it from the lower left hand corner of the plot to the upper right hand corner to mess up all the formatting, then run the VI. It will have to be run twice for the plot to come out as desired. Am I doing something out of order here? Thanks for you help. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,324 Views)

I cannot reproduce the problem, it works fine for me on LV 2010

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,322 Views)

The only thing i noticed is that you didn't set the 'X-Scale-Start', and you did set it in the Y-scale.

It might be that the ordere of the elements you set is of influence here. Perhaps first setting the min, start and max and later the (minor) increment will do the trick in one go.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,318 Views)

I double checked it again, the problem is definitely there in LabVIEW 8.5. Did you try messing up all the formatting first by using the hand tool and dragging the plot around?

I am almost positive it is the order of the elements or something else that I am missing, I tried your suggestions and they did not help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,306 Views)

Well I got it to work.... It seems that the increment and minor increment need to be the last things to set when formatting a plot. The strange thing is that the X-increment and X-minor increment needed to be set even after all of the Y  axis stuff, not just the X axis stuff..... Well, it works now. Thanks for your input

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,302 Views)