cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get DETT to find VI Server

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey everyone,

I'm using LabVIEW 2018 64-bit (f2 patch) and DETT 2018.  I've been able to use them before (as recently as a couple months ago), but I reopened DETT this week and cannot get the "Application Instance" field to list anything other than "LabVIEW VI Server not found".  Of course, I checked my LabVIEW Options, and they all check out.  I'm stumped and imagine this must be some simple configuration that I'm missing...

DETT config:

croohcifer_0-1593520372441.png

LabVIEW Options:

croohcifer_1-1593520399614.png

further down:

croohcifer_2-1593520425677.png

Please tell me if I'm missing something silly...

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,871 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author croohcifer

Okay, I figured it out.  My VPN connection was the culprit.  If I close my VPN connection and then repoen DETT, everything works.  If I then reconnect my VPN client, sometimes DETT continues, and sometimes it throws an error saying that LabVIEW has stopped running.  Given that sometimes DETT can still function while my VPN is connected, I'm reaching out to my IT folks to see if we can configure the VPN in such a way that it doesn't mess with the network in a way that's detrimental to DETT.

Given COVID, I imagine other folks may run into this since we're on our VPNs more often.  Hopefully this post helps someone else!

Cheers,

David

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,837 Views)