LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't concatenate arrays

Hi,

I have been converting some old LabVIEW 4.1 VIs to LabVIEW 8.20, and have run into a problem with one of them.
A Build Array function which worked fine in LabVIEW 4.1, can no longer be set to concatenate inputs in LabVIEW 8.20.
I thought something might have gone wrong during the conversion process, so I started rebuilding the VI from scratch, but the problem is still there in the new VI.
I can get around the problem by putting the build array function into a sub-VI, where everything works fine, but I'm curious to see if anyone else sees the same problem, or if it just something wacky in my LabVIEW installation.

Attached is a VI with a snippet of code which shows the problem.

Cheers,

Mark.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,940 Views)
Yes, I see the same problem.

(Curiously, concatenation is allowed if you initialize the shift register.)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,932 Views)
It's also allowed if you make the first input to build array the last. No idea what's causing it though.

Matt W
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,927 Views)

I just ran into this problem. What is going on here?

I was trying to concatenate two i16 arrays and the only way I could force it was to wire in an empty array at the beginning. Only then would build array switch into concatenate mode!

Is this a LabVIEW bug?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,832 Views)

This was reported to R&D (# 4IH5S4B7) for further investigation. Thanks for the feedback!

Charlie M. CLD
Message 5 of 9
(4,738 Views)

Was this issue ever resolved? I'm using LabView 8.5 and seem to be having the same problem with the Build Array function as descibed in this thread.

Hg

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,280 Views)

My solution to this problem is to select concatenate when the function only have 1 input and is not connected to anything. The funny thing thing is that after this the function works as it should. You may resizes and select options as you want

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,267 Views)

I am still seeing the issue with that specific VI in LV 8.6.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,259 Views)
This issue is still occurring in LabVIEW 8.6.1.  The corrective action request is still active, and R&D is aware of the problem.  Right now I recommend continuing to use the work arounds that have been presented in this forum. 
Nick Keel
Product Manager - NI VeriStand and Model Interface Toolkit
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,232 Views)