From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't communicate with Agilent 34401A Multimeters anymore

First do you you just use this VI for your measurements?
Do you have a bigger VI in which there is the Agilent Read Measurement program?
Did you put your multimeter off and then put it on again so as to run the VI  to check it out?
And endly does still labview open a gray window in which it is looking for the files included in the Agilent HP34401A program or not?

Don't see what could occur that if what i said to you doesn't work...
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 24
(1,046 Views)
I can't do much either. It appears that the LabVIEW 8 driver for the 34401 is considerably different than the one for 7.1. My initialize has a different input cluster for the RS-232 settings and I don't even have the autozero or Read(Mulitple Points) functions.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 24
(1,038 Views)
First do you you just use this VI for your measurements?
Do you have a bigger VI in which there is the Agilent Read Measurement program?
Did you put your multimeter off and then put it on again so as to run the VI  to check it out?
And endly does still labview open a gray window in which it is looking for the files included in the Agilent HP34401A program or not?

Don't see what could occur that if what i said to you doesn't work...

Daron,
I use an improve VI for my measurement in a bigger VI with other functions but even this one doesn't work for the moment (I've tried with a simple one after my failure to reduce the problem origins).
I switch off and on the multimeter each time after an error occurs.
In fact I work through a Serial Hub and I've just realized that when multimeters are connected directly to the back of the PC it works so it seems to be a problem with the Serial Hub. However this one works very well with other devices like an oscilloscope and a power meter so I don't really know what to think...
I will fix this problem later because I think it's not a LabView issue anymore...

Thanks a lot for your help
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 24
(1,035 Views)

Format!! Smiley Tongue

Good luck Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 24
(1,029 Views)